December 09, 2005

Walking across the stars

You fell for me because of who I am, and I will continue to be that person, and I am awesome and compatible with you in some large regard because you're with me, right? So I should continue to be myself, right? Good.

But I am human. I recognize this mostly because it is the hardest thing about me to miss, I mean I don't really scream "possum" when looked at. Although I think I should start.

I am going to screw up. I don't know how not to. Perfection is not a concept I'm familiar with, though believe me I've tried to understand it. But the difference between me screwing it up royally and the rest of the world is that I'm willing to own up to it and make amends. I know when I'm wrong, though usually if I'm on uncertain ground I'll choose being wrong over being right just so I can figure out how to fix it. I seem to have this penchant for fixing.. or trying to at least.

There are some things that I think should be mentioned. Like the fact that I love unconditionally. It is why I love so truly and so deeply when I do love. I never let go of the things worth never letting go. I deem you one of those things. And I endeavor to prove it. I've wanted to know unconditional love, truly unconditional, and so I give it, hoping to recieve.

I believe in you; in your talent, in your spirit, in your essential goodness. There is a truth to you that I want to know. I want to know everything, no limits, no holds barred. I want you to scare me so I can show you that I can handle it. And I don't scare easy.

Curiosity is ingrained within me. I want to know how things work. I want to know the rules of the game so I can play too. I have to know. I just, I just do. I thirst after the unknown, and I feel like there is still so much to be learned from you. You've lived so long and acquired so much and I want to know it all. It's why I ask to the point of annoyance "What are you thinking?" I want to learn all you have to teach me.

But I fall and I am allowing myself to do that. I have to, no one stands alone forever and I am finally learning that I do have people to lean on who won't drop me. It's a wonderful feeling. Perhaps not the falling and the feelings of pain and loss, but knowing that I don't have to keep it all to myself anymore.

I want to share the wonders of the world with you. I want to show and be shown. Walk with me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lacking Latin said...

I would share these words with you.

.Timothy

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home